Woe to he who
- Checks in code without stepping through it first. Two demerits.
- Lies about the error return values of a function. One demerit.
- Thinks that -1 is a pretty good value to return if something fails. Four demerits and two lashes.
- Does not check for null after a memory allocation. Five demerits and public humiliation at the stocks.
- Neglects to free all temporary memory. Four demerits.
- While stepping through a routine, ignores other found bugs. Two demerits and loss of lunchroom privileges (he will spend lunch stepping through more code).
- Use of sscanf: Ten lashes and the stocks for three days.
- Re-writes strcpy or wcslen or something like that because “I don’t trust them.” Summary hanging.
It’s been one of those weeks.