What my 8 year old son learned, spending a day home from school:
- Not being allowed to play Minecraft sure takes the fun out of being sick.
- Repeating “I’m bored” to Daddy every five minutes is an effective way to combat boredom.
- Up until the point he tells you to clean up your toys.
- Writhing and reeling and rolling about is not a good way to avoid picking up toys.
- The cat will tolerate nearly unlimited abuse if she is in a patch of sun.
- Hayao Miyazaki makes great films, even if they are a little strange.
- The cat does not appreciate Miyazaki.
- I can get a lot of reading done.
- When Mommy gets home, she will let you play Minecraft if you have been good.