Digging through some old disks I found the source to an old version of MadMac, a fast assembler I wrote just before I left Atari. It needed some TLC ( some of the tables were missing, and I had to recreate them). It needs more.
It compiles under Ubuntu, though not without errors. There are makefiles for MSDOS and the ST, but they almost certainly do not work. I have not done much testing other than to make sure that the included, simple files assemble without errors (I didn’t check the output). This version is almost certainly missing some fixes that Alan Pratt made after I left Atari. If any work was done on MadMac to support (say) Jaguar or the 68020 then that work will not be reflected here.
I suspect that maybe two or three people on the planet will find this interesting. Frankly, I’m embarrassed by the poor quality of the code. If you find this useful, that’s great. I might be able to answer questions, but mostly I’ll probably say things like:
“Yup, that looks broken.”
“Nope, I’m not going to fix it.”
[Edit: Looks like ".rept" is broken, and I'll bet that macros are, too. Assembling clear.s, you can see that the ".rept 8" block of movem instructions isn't expanded. I'm unlikely to do anything with this, so that'll be one of the first things you'll need to fix... Have fun! ]